Kerala natural species
Ginger is a herb that reaches up to 1 m (3 ft 3 in) tall bearing narrow green leaves and yellow flowers. It is thought to have originated on the Indian subcontinent. The ginger plants grown in India show the largest amount of genetic variation. Ginger produces clusters of white and pink flower buds that bloom into yellow flowers. It is an underground stem (rhizome) that can be used fresh, powdered, dried, or in the form of oil or juice. Fresh riped ginger soaked in water and washed properly, then peel the outer skin with knife or sharpen bamboo stick and dry it well in sun light for a week. Depending on the quality and types of ginger we get 18 kg to 28 kg dried ginger from 100 kg fresh ginger.
Powdered dry ginger root is typically used as a flavoring for recipes such as gingerbread, cookies, crackers and cakes, ginger ale, and ginger beer.
Dried, ginger is used to spice tea and coffee, especially in winter.
Dired ginger used for medical purpose.
1. Dried ginger has been used in traditional medicine to give relief from gastrointestinal distress.
2. The Gingerols in dried ginger has very powerful anti-inflammatory properties which help in decreasing the level of painof osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
3. People with knee problem have also experienced the decrease of pain after daily consumption of ginger powder for a period of one year.
4. Ginger can promote sweating which helps to lower body temperature.
5. Tea made with dried ginger helps in treating digestive disorders.
6. Dried Ginger powder when added to warm milk or tea gives relief from cold, acidity indigestion and viral fever.
7. Spoonful of dried ginger powder with hot rice keeps the stomach clean and body healthy.
8. Stomachache, constipation and indigestion can be relieved by taking a spoon of ginger powder, little asafoetida and rock salt in a glass of hot water.
9. A mixture of dry ginger, asafoetida and black salt helps in removing gas. Grind dried ginger and carom seeds together. Wet this mixture with lime juice. Dry this mixture in shade and add salt. This powder taken every morning gives relief from gas and abdominal pain.
10. Hiccough can be relieved by drinking milk which has been boiled with dry ginger and cooled
11. Cough and Cold can be cured with a mixture of ghee, honey and dry ginger powder. It stops cough and reduces phlegm
Product Type Dried Split Ginger
Product Colour Natural
Odor Type Characteristic
Moisture 12% Max
Ash Content 7% Max
Acid Insoluble Ash 1.0 %
Salmonella (in 25gms) Absent